- They say that dynamite comes in small packages. Well, the same is true for our lobbyist, Donna Echols. Don’t let her petite stature fool you. I’ve watched her work at the Capitol, and she’s a blur of never-ending energy. When you need help at the Capitol, I’d recommend her every time.”Rob WilkeyGeneral Counsel for Commonwealth Brands
The Echols Group
Started in 1992 as a general consulting firm. They focus on the quality of services provided to a manageable number of clients.
When results matter:
- Count on extensive legislative experience;
- Honesty and integrity help win the day;
- Hard work pays off with the development of a winning strategy.
Who is Donna C. Echols, Ph.D., ABD?
- Named “Top 50 Businesswomen in Mississippi,” and the first contract lobbyist selected;
- Received the “Top 40 Under 40” award for business achievements;
- Winner of a Pollie Award for campaign efforts in getting the Capitol City Convention Center passed in a voter referendum;
- United States Attorney’s Office and the Mississippi Department of Public Safety’s Human Trafficking Council – Legislative & Policy Subcommittee member.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Fellow while pursuing doctoral degree in public administration at Jackson State Universtiy;
- Recipient of a National Olsten Scholarship in human resources when she earned a master’s in public policy at Mississippi State University.
- After Hurricane Katrina devastated South Mississippi, Echols turned her talents from lobbying to fund raising of over $2.5M in contributions and equipment for first responders. She co-founded the MS Law Enforcement and Fire Fighter Katrina Relief Fund; Co-produced the Back-Up-the-Badge telethon;
- Received a MS Highway Patrol Service Award for her contributions to the relief fund;
- Documented the rescue of an 81-year-old woman from the rubble of her home devastated by Katrina and the reunion months later with the woman and her rescuers;
- Continues helping disaster relief and preparedness projects.
Trouble shooting issues and predicting potential problems and anticipating their solutions helps her get results. She has a proven ability to rapidly assess a situation, provide a workable plan of action, and develop support to achieve the desired outcome. Echols maintains that her doctoral work in public policy administration enhances her ability to identify, define, and expand issues important to her clients. She develops broad coalitions of support to achieve a successful end result. Remember… When results matter, you need The Echols Group!